Tuesday, July 8, 2008

June 20-22 2008

Happy Anniversary Honey!!!!
Five years ago on June 20, 2003 we were sealed in the LA Temple! This has been an amazing five years! I've been married to the best friend I've ever had in life! We've been through quite a roller coaster between jobs or the lack of jobs, illnesses, the miscarriage...but on the flip side there have been some great moments too! The birth of alaura, purchasing our first car, looking for our first home, Eric getting this great job with AT&T and just all of the wonderful moments that we get to share together each day. I hope that I express it enough, but i love you soooo much honey!


For our Anniversary this year we decided to splurge and stay in a hotel for two nights (Our first time with just the two of us since our honeymoon) in Buena Park. On our way up on Friday night we stopped at Claim jumper and got dinner, we got this huge plate with pork ribs, beef ribs and rotisserie chicken,Roasted Veggies a HUGE baked potato, cheesy garlic bread and a salad to share!! We got to the Hotel around 8:00 and found out that we had been upgraded to a room with sleep number beds. They were pretty nice! We were in the middle of everything, but we stayed in the hotel room in the AC and relaxed because it's sooo hot outside, plus we were both in need of quiet time. As any parent can attest to, you don't get quiet time once you've had a kid :)


I was a little nervous about leaving Alaura alone for the first time, but she did great! In fact when I called to tell her "Goodnight" the first night, Lynette couldn't get her to talk to me! She had so much fun with them, when we came home she didn't want to come home with us. we picked her up at the church, and when we walked in she looked at me and said "I'm going back to Mimi's house!!!" She talked about going back to Mimi's house for the next week!


Anyway, back to our trip...We stayed in a Radisson which was nice. We were next door to Medieval Times (a jousting tournament dinner show) and Ripley's believe it or not. We could see Knotts berry farm from the front of our hotel. We went to Ripley's...just a warning, don't waste your money! Saturday night we decided to go to the Pirate's Dinner Adventure...It was soooo cool. It started at 8, but they told us to show up an hour early for appetizers...they had so much good food it was hard not to stuff yourself (after seeing the dinner though we wished we had eaten more of the appetizers though) then at around 7:40 the started the pre show. they pulled some guys up from the audience and had them do some pretty funny stuff, it's always fun watching other people make fools of themselves!!!! Then everyone got take hostage by the Pirate captain. We all had a specific pirate to cheer for and were seated according to who your pirate was. They served dinner and did the show at the same time. There were sword fights and acrobatics and explosions and singing and there was even a love story in there...I LOVED IT!!!! As I said earlier the food wasn't very good but the show was great!! Unluckily I don't have the pics from this because my wonderful little cannon camera got stolen shortly after we came home and I didn't unload the pics :(


The next day we went to Laguna beach It's really pretty there. We climbed around on the rocks for a little while and looked at the tide pools, snapped some pics, but decided to leave cause we needed to get home and it was PACKED!!! Here are a few pics that we took with the Nikon




The one and only time I will post a picture of me in my swimsuit ;)
I kept hoping a wave would wash over him while I was taking a picture of him...No such luck ;)
Ooops here I am in my swim suit again...

We got back into town around 4:30 picked up alaura and after some bribing went to my parents house to celebrate my Birthday with them. We had some really good grilled chicken and veggies!!! Then I got to open my presents!!! I got a ton of clothes! Thanks you guys here are a couple pics from that night


You probably can't tell in the picture but Alaura blew out my candles while I was smiling at the camera!!!!

Cheese!!!!

7 comments:

HappyOrtons said...

Happy anniversary guys! Congratulations!!!!
We just celebrated our 8th anniversary yesterday! What a great privilage isn't it?
I love what you are doing with your photography. It is so cool to know you have the great opportunity to work with your husband at what you like! How awesome is that! How Neat that Candice and her family had the blessing of going to the temple.
you did a great job!

pie said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it has been five years for you. Congrats.

Amberly said...

How fun! I can't believe your camera got stolen! What happened?

Alisa said...

Happy anniversary and birthday Brooke! We're the same age, how bout that? Sounds like your trip was really fun. Tell us what happened to your camera. I'm looking forward to seeing pics with your new fancy equipment.

Lisa Miller said...

Happy belated anniversary and birthday! I think that's awesome you got to "get away". I support those no children times. We need those.
Sad about your camera though.

Gwen said...

Happy Anniverary!! Sounds like you had a great get away, that is great! It is nice to get away sometimes. The pictures are cute.

THE EBERSOHLS said...

Happy Anniversary and Birthday Brooke! I love the pictures on this post. So glad you and Eric were able to get away to celebrate. So sorry about your camera. I am excited about your photography. You did very well with Candice's photos.

Glad I found your blog. It is fun to read. You have a beautiful daughter. Hope you are well.