Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The 4th of July

Getting ready for the fireworks...I guess bubbles taste good!!!

We have a family tradition of going to Shafter high school to watch the free fireworks show on the 3rd, we take doughnuts and lots of water and brave the heat to watch them. Here are a few pics from that night



Here's little Leyna in her 4th of July outfit. Alaura Loved her Doughnut with "sparkles"



She would wave her hands or fingers at the fireworks to make them come faster. Here's a pic of the two of them making the fireworks come faster!!




Eric very proud that he taught alaura the "neener" face (for lack of a better name) "neener neener neener..."

On the 4th we had a BBQ at my parents house and played with sparklers. Everyone there tried to write their name with them. Here are ours.


(Eric did one a while ago and didn't want to do it that night)



Here's alaura playing with hers

8 comments:

Gwen said...

looks like you all had a lot of fun. The picturea are always fun to see. I like the names with the sparklers.

Lisa Miller said...

The names with sparklers are awesome. I loved the weather on the 4th of July.

Johnson Family said...

Looks like so much fun! I think the best part is watching the kids enjoy the festivities, they seem to have so much fun.

Camie, Juan, and Leyna said...

So I like the pics but I wish you would have put a better picture of my baby girl. That is not the cutest pic of her. Not a real flattering angle. Oh well, if anyone wants to see cuter pics of Leyna you can go to my blog. =) When do we get the pics of our names? Those were so cool and fun to do, thanks!

Camie, Juan, and Leyna said...

Thanks for changing the pic of Leyna. =) Much better.

Amberly said...

Hey Eric! Do you wear that bluetooth ALL the time, or just when you want to look cool?

The Brann's said...

You guys are amzing with the sparklers!!

Lindsey said...

It looks like you guys had a great time on the 4th. Isn't it fun to get pictures of your names with the light?! We do that with the girls at girls camp with flashlights and it is so much fun.

My due date is Nov. 24th and my doctor is Dr. Tan. I have been going to her since I was 18 and I love her.