Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Happy Birthday MY PRINCESS!!!

Let me tell you a little bit about Alaura. Or "Princess Snow white" as we know her currently. She is very into coloring (On everything), playing dress up (she loves tutu's and princess stuff) cooking (she loves "cooking eggs" on her play kitchen, then feeding it us) and just running around being hilarious (especially outside now that the weather is nice). She knows what she wants and when she wants it, and she loves everyone.

She started signing basic signs at 7 months old ("more", "all done" and "nurse/milk" were her favorites) by 10 months old she was talking well enough to get her point across for the essentials and by a year old she gave up signing all together because it's easier to talk. At 18 months she could repeat most one and two syllable words, and now at age two she says things like " I want to walk to Mamma's house and play with caiden" or when asked what she wants to eat she's very specific "rice, beans and a quesidia" or "nacky cheese, peas and two chicken nuggets" She loves learning knew things and loves spending time with family. I don't what she's going to do when My family goes to Utah... Luckily we have Eric's parents here, and she loves spending time with them too.

She loves all animals, especially dogs (she's even taken to calling Daddy to her with a tap on her knee or a a kissy sound...LOL) She's always been quite a Mommy's girl, but I'm not near as fun as Daddy. Sometimes if I try to join in their playing she'll kindly tell me to go sit on the couch or go into the kitchen...She sleeps with about 10 stuffed animals every night, and she's named each one of them. (Katie bear, Princess bear, Care bear, Baby bear, Kit cat, and Ruff are her favorites)

I remember two years ago hearing her little cry for the first time and being so overcome by emotions. What will she be like, what will she look like I thought. I never dreamed that she would fill my life as much as she has. I knew from day one that she was going to be a firecracker, (she has a very strong spirit) but I also knew that she would have a great capacity for learning and knowledge and that she would be very creative and loving. She's proven to be all those things and more.

While looking through all of my pictures and trying to decide which ones to use, I've been able to remember so many fun things we've done with her. I'm so blessed to have her as my daughter. I'm also greatly blessed to have a husband who's made it a priority for me to home with her.

March 11 2006

2 weeks old

6 weeks old

2 months old (Alaura's Blessing)
3 months old
4 Months old
5 Months old

6 months old

7 months old (First Halloween)

8 months old

9 months old

10 months old (First steps)
11 Months Old

ONE YEAR OLD!!!

13 Months Old

14 Months old (first time fishing)

15 Months old
16 Months old

17 months old
18 Months old

19 Months old

20 Months old

21 months old

22 months old
23 Months old
2 YEARS OLD!!!!!

10 comments:

Amberly said...

daphne likes to sleep with her stuffed animals too! happy birthday alaura!

Amberly said...

Awesome! I loved the picture of her at 11 months. That's just a really good picture.

I wish we could have been there for the festivities.

JOHN

Lisa Miller said...

Like I said before - she's breathtaking and just gets even more so with time. You guys are in for it when she's older. Happy birthday!!! Thanks for the info about the pics.

Amberly said...

i bought daphne a potty that makes all kinds of noises when they go in it. she has yet to go in it, and it took a lot to get her warmed up to it. she was reluctant to sit on it with clothes on, and then we got her to sit on it. then she was really against sitting on it with a bare bum. now she's comfortable sitting on it all the time. i'm just getting her used to sitting on it naked for now. we'll do it for like 10 minutes at a time and sing songs. i haven't really researched methods to use yet or read any books or anything like that. i really want to get daphne a book for her about going potty because books have a REALLY big impact on her right now. she's learning ALL KINDS of stuff from books so i think that will help. i just have this feeling that if she pees in the toilet that she'll get it though. last night i took off her diaper and had her sit on the potty, and then she got up and i was getting a diaper for her and she peed on the floor. she came up to me and said "uh-oh i went pee pee" and then showed me where she went. so, she's totally ready we just have to put it all together. i can't wait for a life without diapers!!! so good luck with potty training, we're taking it slowly too so we'll see what happens.

James and Kresta said...

Happy Birthday Alaura!! I can't believe it's been over 2 years since you were pregnant. It seems like just last month we noticed that you were pregnant.

ls said...

such cute pictures. i loved seeing the changes she made month to month since i didn't get to see them in person. happy birthday alaura!

Krystal said...

She is so cute, I can't believe how much her hair color chaged it was so dark and now so blond.

The Brann's said...

She's changed so much. It was fun too look at all the pics...I loved it!!

BrittanyB said...

cute pics! Andi has that same dress that she is wearing in the last one ;)

Camie, Juan, and Leyna said...

I can't get over how beautiful Alaura is. Leyna Has so much to live up to. Can't wait to experience all of that with her. I can't wait to see the two of them together, and all our other kids. Love you guys!