Saturday, March 8, 2008

Alaura's Birthday Party

I can't believe that her party is over!!! We started planning it two weeks ago and it went really well.

Here we are baking her cake, needless to say she enjoyed eating it more than making it, but it was fun to be in the kitchen baking with her. She kept talking about her rocket cake and her birthday party.





Here's the finished product.







I cheated and bought a costco cake , and decorated it. But I carved and decorated rocket and everything else. I did it yesterday during Alaura's nap. I used store bought frosting instead of making my own, so it didn't turn out quite as nice as it could have. But Alaura LOVED it and that's the important thing!!! I wish I had taken a picture of me kitchen after ward, it had cake crumbs and frosting everywhere!!!!

Shortly after taking this picture Papa told Alaura to stick her finger in it...She did!!! She took a big chunk out of it. Unluckily I never got a picture of it =(



Here's the BBQ king Eric!!! Check out the spread!!! Hot dogs and all...LOL

The kiddos had a great time with the pinata!!! It was fun to watch them going at it





Check out alaura in action!!!






Here's where all of the kiddos ate. The tables worked out perfectly!!!
My Computer's being dumb, I'll post the rest of the pics ASAP

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

Cool cake! Looks like it was a great party! Happy Birthday, Alaura!

Amberly said...

cool party! i can't wait for daphne's. how's alaura doing with potty training? i bought daphne a potty today. she's taking well to it and sat on it for 10 min today.

Lisa Miller said...

Way to go on the cake. I can't even fathom making something that looks that good. Happy Birthday to Alaura. BTW, how do you get your pictures to post side by side like that? I'm still learning.

James and Kresta said...

Cute cake! It looks like everyone had a great time at the party. I wish I was a little kid again so I could actually enjoy birthdays and not dread them.

The Brann's said...

How would it be to be in weather warm enough to BBQ in...I'm dreaming of it!! Glad the party went well....looks like they all had a great time!!!

Amber Waite said...

It looks like everything turned out great. I love the cake! What a great party, sorry we missed it. Happy Birthday, Alaura!