Monday, May 5, 2008

Quick update on the potty training thing. I have moved all diapers out of the house and Alaura's now in Pull ups and panties 100% of the time. She's doing better with going #1 in the potty, but still no luck with #2. I'm a firm believer in bribery, so she gets "poo poo suckers and pee pee bears" as she calls them. Jana left the comment about leaving her in her diaper for a little while because she doesn't like the feeling. I would love to do that, except that she gets HORRIBLE diaper rashes if she's wet or poopy for even a few of minutes. :( So I guess I just keep rolling with the punches. She's doing very well though.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Hey Brooke! My sister told me about a really good book she read and used with all three of her kids when potty training. It's called "Toilet Training In Less Than A Day". It's by Nathan H. Azrin Ph.D. & Richard M. Foxx Ph.D. You can find it at Barnes & Noble for about $6. I used it for my son and it worked really well! He's been going both #1 & #2 in the toilet for almost a month now! Anyway, I found the thing that worked with him was telling him that he would get to call his Grandpa's and Grandma's and get to tell them what a big boy he was for going poo poo in the toilet. That got him really excited. I talked to him about calling a few other people too (Uncles and Aunts mostly...he loves the phone.) I also called all of them when he wasn't around and asked them to give him a lot of praise when I called with him. After a few days of that he went poop in the toilet and immediately came to me, "Call Grandpa?" So you could try that too, kids love praise.

Pam said...

Hope that helps! Tell Eric Happy Birthday! Did you ever get a MySpace page going?