Monday, February 4, 2008

"I Surender"

The last few days I feel like I've been fighting Alaura on everything. She's been doing a lot of kicking and screaming and I've been doing a lot of crying...all to no avail. so...I gave in :) Here's what alaura had for breakfast this morning

I always try to get a square meal in her at each meal. She wanted fish crackers and milk for breakfast, so i gave it to her ( hey they're the whole grain ones) along with apples and some cheerios
Seriously though, I'm having a tough time trying to fugure out how to disapline her appropriatly for her age and comprehention level. I'm not a big fan of spanking (except when it comes to her safety) and I feel like i'm putting her in time out all the time. She's started throwing tantrums over everything, and she yells at me to stop or go away or she'll hit my hand if she wants me to stop doing something. She's not a bad girl and that's not what I'm trying to say. I know that it's normal for her to start asserting herself, and i want her to be confident enough in herself that she can stand up for herself, but at the same time she also needs to learn that I'm the one incharge. If any of you have any suggestions I'm open to them. (Or some encouragement.)

I wouldn't change being home with her for anything, but i need her to learn to entertain herself a little. I'm thinking of having designated times during the day, mommy and alaura time and then some alone time, where I'm able to do something I need or want to do and she needs to color or read books or something by herself for a little while(an hour maybe?). Man, when she's feeling happy though...she's the sweetest little girl in the world. I have so much fun with her. She brings so much light and joy to my life.

I think what I'm really looking for is how to fix myself so i can be more patient and teach her whats expected of her in a loving way instead of doing it out of frustration. HELP!!!!


I don't know if you can tell, but she's wearing her socks on her hands. (maybe she'll start walking on her hands soon.) This is her new favorite accessory :)

No comments: