Thursday, January 24, 2008

Pictures

As you may or may not know I am trying to get into photography. I've been studying alot and practicing on Alaura (it helps having such a cutie to work with) I want to get into infant and children portraiture. I'm getting a few backdrops, and studio lights. We're slowing going to convert our dining room into a photography studio. I'll do family portraits too. I'm not sure what to charge or exactly the kinds of poses to do. Anyone who has any information or ideas please send them my way. I'm having the hardest time with ideas for baby boy pictures (6months and under). I want to get really proficient with photo shop so i can do birth announcements and all kinds of fun editing stuff.

Eric and I are also saving to get an even better camera for portraits. We're wanting to start doing weddings as a team. Engagement pics, Bridals and receptions (and weddings if we do non LDS weddings) are what we're hoping to do. We'll probably bring the lights and backdrop to the location to get the formal pic's (bridals, parents, bride and groom...) on a better background than cultural hall walls :) Outdoor weddings might not require this. Any one who knows any couples looking for engagement pics let me know. We need to start building our portfolio, so we'll do a couple sittings for free. Same thing for weddings. If you or someone you know still fits into your wedding dress and would be willing to pose for a bridal shoot next month please let me know. Or if anyone knows a photographer willing to have me shadow at an event, I'd be very interested. If you ever come across wedding poses you love or if you have any from your own wedding send them my way please. I'm always looking for ideas. I'm also wanting to do maternity pictures... I'm going to post pictures on my blog as I start doing them Please give me your honest opinions. Don't be mean about it, but if you don't like something please let me know.

Having said all that here are a few unedited snapshots I've taken recently of alaura. It's been kinda stormy outside so they're all indoors. Let me know what you think.



My mom and I took Caiden and Alaura to the local skating rink to play in some snow that they had brought in. They loved it. It wasn't very much snow, but it was enough. We want to take Alaura up to the snow soon. Don't you love the fact that Caiden has the pink gloves and Alaura has the blue ones?

Here are a few pictures of Alaura and Eric playing x box together. She loves doing things with him. I was playing with the manual focus on my camera, you may not be able to tell (because the pics aren't very big) But the top one is focused on Eric and the second one is focused on Alaura, which was exciting to me because Eric's in front of her!!!

8 comments:

Jen said...

So I love this pics. They are really good. If you are interested in talking to someone who does photography I have a friend that I'm sure would love to talk to you and she can give you ideas and maybe some prices and stuff. If you want to email me @
jennifer_jo_04@hotmail.com and I'll give you her email and you can ask her all your questions.

Amberly said...

my favs are the 9th one down and the 2nd from the bottom. good job. hey, i would LOVE for you to practice on me! ;-) like for bridal portraits. i hated my hair in my wedding pics so next time i'm down there i would be totally willing to put on my dress and do my hair n stuff and have you take as many pictures as you want. let me know what you think. oh, and i LOVE this photographer- i have just seen her work and she is amazing. here's her website: heathergibbphotography.com

Gwen said...

They are some great pictures and we enjoy seeing the,.

The(totally awesome)Luchau Family! said...

Brooke,

I do graphic design for a living and would be happy to help you with any questions you may have with Photoshop. I even have a copy of Photoshop CS3 you could install if you want it.

If you are looking for a good book just to get you started learning the basics for Photoshop, I would recomend Adobe's Classroom in a Book series.

Also, if you are wanting to do layout stuff and not just Photo editing I would recomend you start to learn InDesign CS3 as well as photoshop, the two programs go hand in hand for any type of page layout (Brochures, Invitations)

Anyway... Let me know if you have any questions.

josh

Krystal said...

I love the pictures.

Amber Waite said...

Great pictures Brooke! You've got your own little cutie but if you need a few more your welcome to borrow mine for the day. Evelyn's two now and Preston is 5 months.

Also, another thing you might want to look into is High/ Jr. High dance pictures. To me it seems like the easiest gig to do since you only have to set up in one place and the kids come to you. You also only have to come up with a few basic poses and then find a way post them online for the kids to purchase packages. I don't know, just something to look into. Good luck with all of that. I can't wait to see more.

The Brann's said...

That sounds exciting. I wish you lived closer. You could do our family pics, and I'm sure they would be fabulous. Maybe when you come to visit you can practice on us.

Alisa said...

Hi Brooke--your pics are so great! I love that one of Alaura looking to the side. My uncle is a pro photographer, his website is www.bkbarnes.com and he's done lots of cool stuff. Good luck!
-Alisa (Eric's cousin)