Thursday, November 1, 2007

Pirates, pumpkins and lots of candy



I hope everyone had a great Halloween. We did!!! Eric even drove home from Fresno to spend it with us. Camie came over and spent the evening with Alaura and me getting ready, making chili (really good chili) and putting together our costumes I think they turned out pretty cute unluckily I don't have any pic's of camie's costume I'll get some from her ASAP.

We had a very busy couple of weeks. As I said earlier Eric's been in Fresno the past two weeks for Aries training for work. Alaura and I drove up to see him last Tuesday and we went to Red lobster and used his food allowance to get a pretty tasty meal, then we went to Cobb ranch ( a pumpkin patch) and played on the swings, looked at all the different pumpkins, and fed the animals. There's a slide show with pictures from it. That night was horrible, we haven't had her our room with us since she was two weeks old, She is the noisiest sleeper ever!!! Needless to say Eric and I didn't get much sleep, and Alaura and i didn't go back this week. Eric went to his class and Alaura and I got ready and went to the Fresno zoo. She had so much fun. It was so empty it was great. Unluckily I broke my Digital camera when we were there. alaura wanted me to hold her to see the flamingos, so I sat the camera on her stroller. Then we started walking to the seals and the camera fell off the stroller and the batter cover popped off and I couldn't find the piece i needed to reattach it. So I HAD to buy a new camera. Bummer. I love my new camera. It's a Canon Powershot SD750. It's really small and it takes great pictures. We're going to invest in a Nikon D40 as soon as we can, but this one is great for keeping with me all the time.

We've done a lot of Halloween stuff though. We went to Eric's parent's ward Trunk or treat last Saturday, Alaura and I went to Fresno Tuesday, Wednesday we went to my parents Ward trunk or treat (I'll get pictures from them soon too)This Monday we went to a Halloween party some friends had. Camie and I dressed up as devils it was fun (once again I have to get the pics from my parents) Tuesday alaura Camie and I decorated a gingerbread haunted house and tried to carve a pumpkin I posted a slide show with pics from that too. Halloween we went trunk or treating again. So Alaura got good use out of her costume.




Here's alaura getting ready for trunk or treating with our old ward colonial.


Here's alaura in the costume parade where she won cutest costume for ages 0 -5


Here she is eating chili and corn bread before going trunk or treating

I'm thinking of dying my hair black what do you think? LOL



Alaura and Captain Daddy!!!

Even her Monkey was a pirate!!!

3 comments:

Amberly said...

cute costumes! i like the idea of a family theme

Alisa said...

Alaura is so cute! I love her blue eyes. That video of her dancing is cute too.
-Alisa (Eric's cousin)

Brooke said...

Alisa if you read this I'd love to see some pictures of your family