Thursday, October 18, 2007

Yaya and Dint

Man, i haven't written in a while. which means I get to write a lot now. Boy, i had a rather rough week. I'm not sure why, but I really fell into a depression these last few days. I think getting poked by needles, the miscarriage, seeing other pregnant women, managing apartments and having Eric work so much over time finally overwhelmed me. But, I'm feeling much better today. I've had the opportunity to have my sister Camie in town the last week and a half, I know she misses her hubby, but it's been so fun having her around. We went and played at the park last week, and Alaura decided that Camie is the coolest person in the world. When she gets upset she cries for Camie and talks about Camie and her white car. In fact that's how alaura learned what white is. She saw camies car and I told her it was white, and it stuck. Now she can point out white stuff all over the place. Thanks for having such a cool white car Camie. On Saturday Eric took the day off and we went up to the mountains and had a picnic. It was cold, but it was fun taking his super cool 4 wheel drive truck up. Eric and I got to go to a Japanese restaurant where they prepare the food in front or you and light stuff on fire... Fires sooo cool. It was great to have time with just the two of us because Camie watched her. Thanks again.

I want to thank my family for all their help this past month. I really wouldn't have been able to do it without you. I have the best family. And great friends and extended family too. i got so much support from you thanks.
I don't know if it's something in the water or what, but Alaura has really been a little out of control lately. For example, a few days ago she opened up the fridge and pulled out the ketchup (currently her favorite food group) and she squirted it all over my kitchen rug and sat down and dipped her fingers in it and licked them... a couple days ago, she climbed onto the computer desk and got ahold of a highlighter and colored all over the dishwasher, and at some point she got ahold of of a stamp i use for work, and stamped all over the kitchen her desk and a wall in the hall...the day before yesterday she was drinking a bottle of water, and decided that it'd be funny to dump the whole thing out all over the kitchen and dump almonds (her other favorite food group along with cheese) all over the water...yesterday she found a pen and colored on the toilet, and dumped water on the carpet and tried licking it up like a dog. so, I've locked the fridge (finally) and I'm trying to keep anything with ink up really high. I'll be really nice when we move into a house with a yard so she has somewhere to play. She's too funny. But seriously I'm not sure what to do about it. we've started timeouts and I tell her no when she does something she shouldn't do, but I'm not sure it's working.

She's soo funny. She recently learned the word coming, she uses it both as I'm coming or he she or it's coming, but she also uses it in place of come here. When she was taking her bath the other night Eric walked in and started dancing around and being silly then he left to change, she immediately started yelling "daddy coming" until he came in, then she demanded "dance" she definitely knows what she wants. she loves slides and has been trying to turn things into slides, like the bathtub (scary) and pillows (funny) to know avail. SO we're going to get her a slide for Christmas.
She's soooo her Daddy's daughter, I've been teaching her that her back end is her tush, and yesterday she called it her bum (thank you daddy) when i told her it was her tush she looked at me, smiled and and said "bum!!!" All day after that she'd randomly walk up to me and say bum and wait for my reaction then she'll laugh and do it over again....
For those of you who don't know yet, we're putting in our 30 day notice for the apartment managing job on November 1 and Moving (renting) into a house by December 1!!!!! I'm SOOOOOOO excited.
Hmmm what else has been going on. Eric's first day as an employee of ATT starts on Monday, and he'll be in Fresno for two weeks of training mon- fri. But he's coning home foe Halloween. So we can dress up as a family of pirates. We're going to Eric's parents ward Trunk or treat on Saturday I'm excited to show off Alaura's costume. So is mimi.
I got my HCG Levels back this week, it's 57. Going down.
I'll go ahead and end with one more "story" about alaura and a few pictures. Yesterday we went shopping with Mamma and Caiden and for some reason she was calling him "Dint" I couldn't get her to say caiden...so later after her nap she started talking about "Dint" and playing with him. She started talking about "Ya-ya and Dint" it took me a while before I realised that she was saying Alaura and Caiden. I'm thinking about writing a book about the adventures of Yaya and Dint, what do you think? LOL


Here we are up in the mountains. Brrrr




This is the shirt my parents got Alaura on their trip to Catalina. It says "If you think I'm a spoiled Princess you should meet my Mom" Thanks you guys



This is how I found Alaura this morning in her bed yelling for "June" her little Einsteins shirt



We had Some fun with stickers, I had them all over my face (that's her June shirt)

5 comments:

Amberly said...

daphne likes the little einsteins too, and I saw that shirt in target a couple weeks ago with daphne. and when daphne saw the shirt she started patting like they do in the show. i don't know if you guys watch it or not but they do a pat thing in their rocket ship. anyway- i would have bought the shirt but $10 is sadly too pricey for us...

Amberly said...

btw- very cute blog

Brooke said...

We watch Little Einsteins All the time. Almost everyday. It's her favorite.

Hansen Family said...

I really hope you guys move into the Rosedale ward. We should get together. If you want to treck out to our house we would love to have you over for dinner. Let us know!!

Kathryn said...

Hey there!

What a cute family! We're doing pretty well. Living in Tehachapi. Cecily is my out going not quite 2 year old (Nov. 16) and Cordelia is my blonde, almost 5 month old mama's girl.

Alaura looks very grown up for her age! She is gorgeous!

Talk soon!