Sunday, October 7, 2007


So, yesterday I went to Sequoia National park with my family and Alaura. Unluckily Eric had to work, and he wanted to try to go coyote hunting. When we got to my parents house before we left, Alaura ran over to the van and proclaimed that she wanted to go with them not me. I told her that if she wanted to ride with me to tell them, and she told me no, gave me a kiss and sent me on my way...PEACE AT LAST!!! Alaura rode the first hour and forty five min. with my parents. When we arrived to the park entrance my mom ran her to my car because she was getting upset. She then fell asleep for another 45 minutes of peace. During this time we saw a bear on the side of the road, literally on the side of the road just eating and lounging. It was really cool. As we drove up the mountain I was periodically watching my outside temp. setting it started at 69 degrees then dropped to 65, then 59, 55, 48, 44, and then 39 degrees!!!! We came expecting the weather to be around 60 degrees so I wore a short sleeved shirt and brought a sweatshirt. But that wasn't all, I also saw a little bit of snow on the side of the road, and then a little bet more, and still more... And as we went all the way up it got a little worse. And keep in mind that all I brought was a sweat shirt. (and I'm not used to this kind of weather) Luckily I brought warmer clothes for alaura. We got there and bundled up as best as we could and went on a trail down to General Sherman, a huge tree. Here are a few pictures of us walking down to the tree.

Alaura all bundled up in Aunt courtneys Arms

Caiden was a little bit tougher

But Alaura came around and had a blast!!!



In front of General Sherman. The largest tree in volume in the world...I think.


Alaura's first time touching snow!!! And Daddy missed it :(



We had a really good time even though it was soooooo cold
On our way home we saw another Bear and a deer, but I took the pictures with my parents camera so I'll get them later.







4 comments:

ls said...

Yay for blogs to stalk your family members!! I love that we can keep in touch this way, and I love the darling pictures of Alaura! I have not seen her in so long. I can't believe she is talking and acting like Little Miss Grown Up. So cute.

I loved going to Sequoia-- the trees are amazing, huh? Funny that it was so cold there, but really Brooke, no complaining-- yesterday it didn't get above 40 degrees all day here. That's what I get for living in Utah, i guess. :)

Oh, and my baby's name is George Steven. John didn't want me to use our names on the blog just to be safe since anyone can look at it. So that is why he is Baby G.

Amberly said...

Wow. Cool adventure. California is so awesome like that. Only in California can you find from snow to swimming weather in a few hours.

Bears and Snow too!

I don't think we're going to see snow till November...at least that's what I hope.

-John

Amberly said...

cool blog! sounds fun

~amberly

The(totally awesome)Luchau Family! said...

hey there sweetie! Man i have sure missed you! We are finally not sick, so lets get together this week!Thursday??? And yes, of course you can ad a link to us on yours. Ya i will have to have josh e-mail you about how to do all of that, he is actually the one that did it..lol. And the trip looked like sooooo much fun, i bet that it was so nice to get out of bakersfield into some clean air!Love ya talk to you soon.