Saturday, September 22, 2007

Tests and Eggs

It's been 12 days since i got the D&C. I'm doing better. Physically I feel normal (what ever that is) again. Emotionally it's a little bit of a roller coaster. I feel good most of the time, every now and then I'll hear that someone else is pregnant or see a pregnant woman or a baby and then I feel sad. But otherwise I'm hanging in there. We found out that it was a full molar pregnancy, which means that there was never a baby there. It was a large blood clot in my uterus when they did the ultrasound, they thought that it was a baby because of the way it was shaped. It was harder to here that there never was a baby. It feels like three months wasted because i was soo sick. I also got my first hcg count since the D&C. It was 11,985 (or 111,985 two nurses gave me different two different #'s so I'm calling again on Monday), and now it's 1,600. They want my levels down to 0 or -2 So we've still got a little ways to go. It's going down which is good, just not quite as fast as they wanted i guess. They want me to keep doing weekly blood tests for a couple extra weeks now. So it'll be like 6 weeks or so. Then we'll find out how long we have to wait before we can start trying to get pregnant again. (3-6 months)For anyone who doesn't know, Hcg is an abbreviation for a really long word that i don't know It's the pregnancy hormone that they check to verify pregnancy and it's supposed to climb gradually during your pregnancy. With a molar pregnancy these hormones are really high which explains why I felt so sick along with a few other pregnancy symptoms that were worse this time. The Dr. wants my hormone levels down ASAP if it goes down too slow it could be a sign that something is wrong or they didn't get everything out when they did the D&C. If it climbs then It's a good sign that it's happening again. I guess it can implant itself into your uterus again, if they missed any and start growing all the "Moles" again. (little growths) Then I'd have to go in again and go through it all over again. Without Insurance. It'll be great when this is over and we have a healthy baby someday. I know it hasn't been very long, but it's felt like an eternity.

I know it probably didn't sound like it, but we are doing well. We're learning and becoming better people because of it. Now for some happier stuff. Today Alaura got into the fridge while I was on the phone with my mom. Oops!! I heard a crinkling sound that I thought was Alaura eating gum (she likes doing that) so I walked into the kitchen expecting to see her with a mouth full of gum, but what I found was half a dozen eggs broken on the floor and Alaura in the middle of it trying to scoop it up and put it back into the carton. She looked up at me and said "Eggs" It was pretty funny though. I grabbed the camera and recorded her trying to stand up in all the egg goo. She fell a few times, but she got up. I guess it's a bad thing that she can open the fridge. We're going to the fair today!!! Alaura's excited to go see the stinky animals. I'll post some pictures of it. Here are a few recent pics of alaura. I'm going to try to update this weekly for any family members who might be interested in Alaura. (Jami I'll include info about Caiden too.)





Alaura at the park . Don't you love the hat and dirty cheeks?



Why are taking my picture again?


Caiden and Alaura are so funny together. They get in the car and Caiden trys to do anything he can to make her laugh. Which isn't hard because she thinks he's the funniest person alive (aside from Daddy ofcourse)


Here Caiden is on the swing. Say cheese!

No comments: