Monday, September 24, 2007

The Fair, snakes and kissing goats

We had a lot of fun at the fair on Saturday. Alaura LOVED the goats and sheep, literally, she went around kissing all of them. It was pretty gross, but she was sooooo happy I couldn't stop her. What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger right? We got to the fair and I realized that the batteries in my camera were dead. I was so upset. For some reason the rechargeable batteries that I have don't hold a charge if I don't put them in my camera immediately after they charged. I'm really not happy with my camera anyway. If anyone has a suggestion on a good digital camera, I'd love to hear it. Preferably one that isn't too expensive. $500 or less. Back to the fair...Since we didn't have a camera we took a family picture in a booth with a really big snake. Alaura wasn't too crazy about it, but she let the tail touch her, so I was proud of her. We were the last people to get the pictures done that day because the snake was getting grumpy...we didn't know this until after they took the picture. But, no one got bit or squeezed. Alaura was so good. She loved all of the lights and people. We watched some funny animal races. They raced a duck, pig, lamb and goat against each other. Alaura thought it was great. She had a flag to wave, I really wish my camera was working. We saw my family there for a little while, which was cool. Camie and Juan were at the Temple with their stake, so they weren't there, but they were in a better place. Speaking of them, Juan's been working for Haliburton for a while and a few months ago he started working with the rigs. He helps set up the equipment. He's gone a lot, and Camie travels with him and plays in the hotel while he's working. Life is hard when you get to work out in the gym and sit by the pool all day. LOL. I don't know what she's going to do when the weather gets cool. She's got a great tan going on. By the way, Thank you so much for all of your help after the D&C Camie. I couldn't have made it through it with out all the help I got from family and friends. ( I couldn't lift Alaura for three days, and poor Eric had to work) One day while Camie was helping out, Alaura was playing with her playdough (she's learning her colors with them "boo" "popo" "deddo" "wed" and my personal favorite..."duddich" als known as orange) well she had mixed the blue and orange playdoughs together and anounced "bu-ditch" I heard Blue orange...Camie on the other hand starts dieing "did you hear what she said? She said Butt itch" leave it to camie to hear that!!! My mom came over the other day and was in the kitchen with Alaura trying to get her to say the color of a candy she was giving her, so this is the conversation I heard. "Alaura what color is it?" "Duditch" "no, What color is it?" "Duditch!" "Tell me the color and you can have it." I could tell Alaura was gettign a littl eexasperated with her by this point, so I finally chimed in, "mom she's saying orange, what color is it?" "Oh, it's orange" So, Alaura got her "duditch" gummy bear.
Moving on, Eric is working with AT&T now in the Engineering department. He's actually a contractor, but he took the engineering test and nailed it last week!!! He's going to begin a training course in Fresno in two weeks, and we're crossing our fingers that He'll get hired on with AT&T soon. He's really doing well, He's caught on the everything really well. I'm soo proud of him. He works with his Dad. That poor office wont know what hit them. They are both big pranksters and teases. He's also been so great through the misscarriage. He's been a huge support to me. Infact at one point he drove home from work just to get Alaura out of the Crib for me, but by the time he got there I'd had to find another way to get her out.
Last night we ate with Mimi and Papa Olsen it's always fun to see them. Alaura loves chasing their Dog Misty. After, we ran over to see Ma-ma and Papa Alvey and family. When Alaura walked in Caiden started squealing and hopping around because he was happy to see her. They are so cute together. (I wish Amberly and John were in town so Alaura could get to know her cousin Daphne better.) My parents got Alaura a pirate Halloween costume, we tried it on her last night and it was so cute. I'm going to make some minor alterations to it, but her and Caiden are going to be so cute. They were running around in their pirate costumes together. We're going to get their pictures done. I'll post them when we do. Well, I should get going, but here are a few more pictures of Alaura taken today.
Alaura added a couple of leis to her necklace collection. She saw them at the Halloween store and we couldn't leave without them.

She's getting really good at going up the stairs by herself, but for some reason today she wanted to use the railing. She likes to try to unlock the car door by herself, but if I don't watch her closely she'll try doing it to the car next to us...

One last funny Alaura story to end with. We were at Walmart earlier today and we were in the deoderant section and she picked one up, opened it and started rubbing it on her armpit. Oops.

2 comments:

Susie Alvey said...

We really enjoyed reading your blog. Alaura and Caiden's pictures are so cute and your family picture too.(even the snake.)We hope Alaura used women's deoderant and not the manly type.
Love Mom and Dad
uyuk8ujuui Love Caiden

Jami said...

Alaura is sooo cute! I like your blog its fun to look at, especially since I'm not there. Alaura is such a crazy girl!Lol I love you guys, and keep updating the blog I loke it =)