Tuesday, September 25, 2007

HCG Levels and Insurance

I went in to get my blood work done today. They couldn't get it in. I'm not kidding the nurse was fishing around in my arm for 2-3 min. Then she had to try the other arm. It's been like that every time except in the Hospital. Not fun. Anyway, the reason I wrote this was to say that My levels started at 12,000 went down to 1,600 and this week it's 368!!!! It's going down, yay!!!!! I have two more blood tests before I see my Dr again to discuss how long to wait before getting pregnant again.
On a less happy note I'm soooooo angry with Insurance companies right now. I applied for Health Ins. with Health Net which is the company I had my last two policies with, and they declined me. Based on the fact that I had a miscarriage and I'm being treated for it. I wasn't applying for maternity coverage or asking them to cover the stuff I'm dealing with now, just in case something else happens unrelated in the future. I called them and they told me that they don't have to cover me because I'm high risk now, but they'll be happy to reconsider me after I've been without treatment for three months. I was so angry. I'm still upset, but we'll try to figure something else out. Otherwise we're still doing well. We have a cold going through our family, but we're dealing...except Eric, he's a big baby. (I'm just kidding Honey)

1 comment:

The(totally awesome)Luchau Family! said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH!(re guarding the levels) I am so happy for you guys. Now about the insurance thing , yuck!I am sorry about that. We love you guys and wish you more declining levels of hormones...lol.