Thursday, September 18, 2008

quick update


It just occurred to me that I haven't been doing very well at updating my blog or reading other peoples blogs... Eric and I took pictures at a reception almost two weeks ago as well as a portrait sitting, so I was editing and getting that put together last week (I'm posting them on another blog, I'll put a link on here soon) and tonight I have enrichment for my ward. I cooked 20 pounds of meat yesterday and cooked 4 pounds of beans from scratch, not to mention all the shopping and stuff. So needless to say I've been busy, and yet I'm not sure if there's going to be enough food...We're having Chipotle style tacos. I'm making the rice today!

Anyway, I've been really bad at taking pictures (of my family) lately, I'll do better though. Here are a couple that I did take.
Alaura's decided that she wants "princess hair" now which involves lots of rubber bands and hairspray ;) Here's a picture of one of the styles I did
It's not the best picture of me, but this is the first picture of taken of myself so far. So, here's my 21 week belly. Just a quick update on the pregnancy, I started feeling Sydney moving at 17 weeks and really kicking at 19 (this was two weeks later than with alaura) Alaura felt her kick a week ago and her reaction was great!!! She was so excited that she felt Sydney kick her. Eric finally felt her last night!!! She stops as soon as he tries to feel her. I have an appointment next Tuesday to get an ultrasound and to see my Dr. So as long as she's still a girl I'm going to buy her bed set soon and then I wont have to worry anymore about buying anything. I'm not sleeping very well at night due to a really sore back and hips...my arms fall asleep all night too, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I LOVE BEING PREGNANT!!!!! :) Honestly I'm enjoying it so much more this time, I was so scared of gaining weight last time that i didn't enjoy my growing and changing body, this time I'm still aware of what I'm eating and stuff, but I'm enjoying it a lot more. I'll probably be bigger this time and I'll cry about it after I have her, but as for here and now I'm Happy!!!
I also realized that I never put a picture of Alaura's new bangs!! I took the scissors to them month ago and she panicked "Put it back!!!!!" But she loves them now!!! She has side bangs!!!

9 comments:

The Brann's said...

You have a way cute prego belly!!

And I love the princess hair. She's such a cutie!!

Amberly said...

Yay for the update! Alaura saying "put it back" to something that is impossible to put back is really funny and reminds me of when Daphne said that about some string cheese John tore apart for her. She usually just chomps at it without actually tearing the strings off, so when John showed her how to do it, she said "put it back!" and ended up giving her a new string cheese because she couldn't handle it.

The pregnant picture is really cute. I like your hair too.

Sounds like Alaura is doing great in Preschool. I can't wait for Daphne to go to preschool!

Oh, and I can't wait to see the wedding pictures!

Jami said...

Your belly is getting big!! and Alaura is sooo beautiful!!! I miss u guys =(

Alisa said...

Your belly is so cute! And I love Alaura's hair, both the ponytails and the bang!

Lisa Miller said...

I love the pic of you. You look beautiful. All pregnant women look beautiful. Alaura's hair looks good. I love the bangs and her hair do looks time consuming and complicated. I don't know that I'd try it. But kudos to you for doing it. I'm assuming she stodd still for that.

Kendra said...

The food at Enrichment was fabulous. So Good.

The Liddells said...

Gosh, Alaura's getting so big! And, you look great, too! Yay for pregnancy!

Gwen said...

What a cute belly, and a cute princess hair style.

Johnson Family said...

That baby bump is so cute and you look good. I agree with not taking the time to enjoy the first pregnancy as much as the others. For some reason we worry too much about things that we have no control over. I love Alaura's eyes, they are such a pretty blue.