Thursday, September 25, 2008

Playing Catch up...again

Well, here's a quick overview of what's been going on with us...Alaura's been doing really well in Preschool! She's tracing her name and letters REALLY well. She knows all of the ABC's and can count to 20. (She knew this before preschool, but she's getting better and better) I'll post a video soon of her spelling some words and stuff. She's getting very creative and loves to play house and have tea parties!!!

Pinkies up!!!


She collects things..."Human stuff, just like Ariel!"


She's developing an interest in photography !!!
(these are original Alaura pieces)


She LOVES swimming!!!

Is working on her "good manners"



She loves music


and she turns anything she can into a bed!!! Pillows, blankets, even paper!!!!

This is a picture of her and Blackie (the class "pet") eating lunch when Alaura got to bring him home.

Eric's been busy helping Mom and Dad Olsen Move into their new gorgeous home! Working his his buns off at work, putting up with his pregnant wife and when ever the weather allows...He is the "Grill Master"
YES, he even grilled the pizza's!!!!!

I've been busy with my church calling, photography, cleaning the house (though it never looks like it) and my two favorite things in the world...being a wife and Mommy!!!!
Here's the princess blankie I made for alaura during her nap a few weeks ago

And of course her princess hair (it's a flower!!!)


Camie and I took the girls to the fair yesterday, it was preschool day!!! We got in for free and had a good time!
Leyna and Alaura really liked the goats

So did Camie!!!! Here's a new calf a few minutes old, we saw the beginning of the birth but left for a little while because it was sooooo hot.

Princess Alaura on her royal throne...moments before it fell apart
Look Mommy big bubbles!!!! Thanks Camie! I have a hard time lifting her up now that my belly's getting in the way

11 comments:

Jami said...

aaaw that looks so fun! I miss you guys!!!

Amberly said...

You guys are having tons of fun! Good for you!

Alaura is a genius. I bet she keeps you busy!

Gwen said...

Looks like you are having a lot of fun. You have some cute pictures.

Alisa said...

Fun post! Alaura looks so cute and fun to be around. Too bad we don't live closer so the girls can play. Alaura could teach Natalie some stuff, I'm sure! And I cracked up at the pic of the milk she took. :)

Tenille Gates said...

you and your sis are so cute..it looks like y'all have fun together :0) alaura is a doll ♥ and im sure the next one will be just as adorable!! Youre a talented photographer..i just bought a digital SLR camera and am in the process of figuring the thing out..shutter speed,aperture etc.Fun stuff :0) anywho, its good to see that all is well in the olsen household!

Camie, Juan, and Leyna said...

So cute. Iwish I could post pics, but I can't til Juan gets home cus my desk top doesn't want to let me load pics.
It's was a lot of fun going to the fair with you guys. Thanks for inviting us. That pic of Leyna with the goat looks like she is really touching it. And that pic of me "kissing" the goat is funny. I didn't get to see it before now. =)

Camie, Juan, and Leyna said...

Oh yeah, I meant to ask if the pizza on the grill turned out? Pretty creative.

Lisa Miller said...

Love the pics. Cool pizza. Never thought to grill it. Men!!! just big boys!!! Aubrey's been the same thing with the beds since she was that age. She makes everything into a bed even now and she's almost 8. Now she teaches Jacob to do it. Must be a girl thing.

Krystal said...

Wow I've never seen pizza cooked on the grill before looks good.

Dizniemom said...

I can't get over how much Alaura looks like you. She has the prettiest eyes. Motherhood suits you very well. Can't wait to see the new baby, and I'll say hi to your mom when I see her next week. I can't wait, it's been almost 3 years!!!

The Brann's said...

You have been busy. I love the bag of "treasures" Alaura is collecting. That's funny!!

And that pizza on the BBQ looks yummy!!