Thursday, February 5, 2009

Update...

Well, Sydney's going to be three weeks old tomorrow...I can't believe it!!!! It's been amazing watching Alaura and Sydney. She loves her soooo much. You've never seen a prouder big sister! She's a big helper too. She'll get me diapers and wipes whenever I need them, she helps me get clothes and just generally loves her to pieces!!! Here are a few pictures of the two of them. I'll have to include a picture of myself in my next blog so you can see the "before and after" since I got pretty huge in the end. I'll also do the labor story soon.
Eric trying out the pump i had to get because I couldn't nurse Sydney after I got my CT Scan.
Sydney sleeping in her bed for the first time
Here are the pictures we took of the girls last week
Alaura hanging out in her panties and boots

Here's the junk mail that I gave to Alaura last week...she calls it her food magazine and wants to read it every night for her bedtime story :)
Alaura trying to ride Leyna

Today I ventured out to the grocery store with both of the girls and Camie and Leyna. I was nervous that it was going to be a horrible trip...and it was...LOL. I've been trying to figure out how I'm going to go shopping with both of them as far as the sitting arrangements go. I don't want Alaura down because she tends to run around alot and I didn't want to have to Chase her, so the solution I came up with was to put Alaura in the cart and Sydney in a sling. This seemed to be working until my back started to REALLY hurt from wearing the sling. Then I had to take Alaura to the bathroom, so I had to help her go then go myself all while wearing Sydney in a sling with my back on fire! Yay for potty trips!! Then we tried to hurry as fast as we could to get the shopping done and then Sydney woke up...Now there's something you have to understand about Sydney, She's a very happy easy going girl...unless she's hungry. You do not mess with her when she's ready to nurse!!! And she was ready to nurse!!!! So Camie took her for a little while in hopes that she wouldn't be as upset, and it worked for a little while. Camie jumped in line and I ran to get a couple last things, then i heard both Sydney and Leyna start screaming, so I ran across the store to relieve poor Camie who was getting some very interesting looks from people. Then Sydney really lost it, so I'm trying to unload my cart with a screaming child, waiting for the cashier to ring everything up, then I pay and the cashier helps me load up my cart mean while both Sydney and Alaura are completely melting down (Alaura wanted to help load the groceries because she always does and she didn't get to this time, plus it's way past nap time) so once the carts loaded I try to push the cart out to the car as fast as I can but, it's pouring outside, so i have to put Alaura's jacket on one handed and stick a hysterical Sydney back in the sling to keep her dry. I run outside pull Alaura out of the cart and stick her in the car, start throwing all of the groceries into the trunk as fast as I can and jump into the front seat to start feeding my poor baby. While nursing Sydney Alaura asked if she could eat one of the special yogurts. So she dives over the seat into the trunk to grab one and then while eating it she squirts it all over her hair and shirt!!! luckily Camie had something to wipe her up. We all hung out in the car for a while and Camie dumped a bag of pretzels on the ground (thanks Camie...LOL) So, after 2 hours I finally made it home!!!!

8 comments:

ls said...

your girls look so sweet together in those pictures. i am glad alaura is loving her baby sister so much.

your story about the trip to the grocery store may have just pushed me to prolong getting pregnant with number 2 for a while longer. i don't know if i am ready for that... :)

Johnson Family said...

WoW! I thought my trips were bad. I have learned to let Hailey wear her shoes with wheels to the store. I put Saidey in the seat of the cart ad leave Paxon in his car seat across the back of the cart and Hailey holds on and wheels around. It is the only way we can do it!!!!

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

That sounds like my shopping trip with just Brooklyn! SHe's a TERROR in public!
Sydney's dark hair and eyes are such a contrast to Alaura, but both are really beautiful!

Gwen said...

What cute pictures of the girls. Also like the ones of Eric. The shoppint trip sounds like it was quite an experience.

pie said...

Wow! I have a lot of admiration for you. The shopping trip sounded like no easy task. Aren't sisters great? It was probably so nice to have Cami there. I can't believe baby has so much dark hair. Your girls are so cute together!

Jami said...

haha thath a funny story although i'm sure it wasn't at all funny at the time. man you have your arms full! I think that's so funny that sydney is such an eater, oh me can't wait to see you guys, seriouls can not wait! The pics are sooo cute and little Sydney is GORGEOUS. I hope my kids are cute because i sure have a lot to live up to with 3 beautiful nieces already ha. We love you guys so much and miss you guys!!!!!!

Camie, Juan, and Leyna said...

That sure was an experience at the grocery store! We sure are racking up these crazy, funny adventures together with the girls. We'll have lots of stories to tell them when they get older. I always wondered what it would be like with 2 little ones and I diffidently got a taste of it! =)

I love the pics of the girls. I thought you didn't get any done. Well, they look great!

Kris said...

What a beautiful baby girl! I love the pictures with Aluara and Sydney together.
Tricia